SANDRA SHOWALTER WILLIAMS FOUNDATION DREAM HOME® GIVEAWAY 2021 TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for supporting the Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home® Giveaway (the “Raffle”), conducted by Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation (“Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation” or “Sponsor”). Your purchase of one or more Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway raffle ticket(s) signifies your full and unconditional agreement to the following Terms & Conditions. In the event of any dispute, a reasonable interpretation or determination by Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation regarding the application of these Terms & Conditions is final and binding in all matters related to the Raffle.
• To be eligible to purchase a ticket, you must be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older as of the date of entry, and a living resident of the United States. The following persons, and their employees and immediate family members, are not eligible to purchase a ticket: Officers, directors, employees of Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation. Additionally, the following persons, and their employees and immediate family members, are not eligible to purchase a Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway ticket within the market where they are providing services: Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway media and prize sponsors; Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway builders and developers; volunteers; Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway ticket outlets and sellers; and Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway auditors and accountants. To participate in the raffle you must reside in the State of Georgia.
• “Immediate family members” includes the spouse, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This definition also includes individuals for whom an employee is the current legal guardian or individuals who are not legally related to but who reside with an employee, including "step" and adoptive relationships. The determinations of Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation are final and binding with respect to any matter arising out of the interpretation or application of these terms and conditions.
• A ticket purchased by an ineligible person is void, and cannot be a winning ticket. No refunds will be made to ineligible purchasers, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
• Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. Winners of the Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation is expected to pay all of the taxes and fees before the property is given to him/her.
• Tickets may be reserved on www.housecontest.org, by calling market specific 8009637821, or on the Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation (www.showalterfoundation.org), where available. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
• Tickets may be reserved for $75 each, $100 for two tickets, and $125 for three tickets. • Reservations made via the website and toll free number are limited to a maximum of 50 tickets per transaction.
• A ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize. All sales of tickets are final, and no refunds will be paid. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Tickets may sell out before the date of the raffle drawing. The chances of winning are based on the number of tickets sold. If fewer tickets are sold, the chances of winning the Grand Prize and other prizes improve.
• Tickets, prizes, receipts, and any winner’s rights are not transferable. • Sponsor reserves the right to reject any ticket reservation request that is submitted with payment that does not constitute “good funds.” A ticket issued in exchange for a check returned for “insufficient funds,” or for a credit card charge that was “declined,” or reported as “invalid” or “stolen” is void, and cannot be a winning ticket.
• The winning ticket for each prize will be selected by a random drawing on the date of the raffle drawing. Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation will select the name of potential winners of the prizes in a random drawing from all eligible raffle tickets. All tickets have an equal chance to win. Ticket purchasers need not be present to win.
• The odds of winning a prize depends on the number of valid raffle tickets sold. The chances of winning are based on the number of tickets sold. If fewer tickets are sold, the chances of winning the Grand Prize and other prizes improve.
• Each prize will be awarded to only one (1) winner. If the ticket has more than one name on it, the prize will be awarded to the eligible individual whose name appears first on the ticket. That individual is solely responsible for allocating the value of the prize among the purchasers. Alternative prize of $175,000 will be offered to the winner, if they do not want to accept the prize of the Dream Home; all taxes and fees will be taken out of the prize money.
• Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation will notify the winner in email and phone call by sending a Winner Notification Agreement (“WNA”), return receipt requested, to the email address provided by the purchaser. Each winner must accept the prize, “as is,” by signing the WNA and returning it to Sandre Showalter Williams Foundation within seven (7) days after the date the WNA was received. If a winner cannot be contacted by email or phone call or fails to accept the prize, or (if applicable) if winner and his/her companion are unavailable to travel within any time period specified by Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation, or if a winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize is forfeited and no substitute or alternative prize will be provided. A forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. The host of this raffle reserves the right to stop this raffle at any time, and refund 90% of money for each purchased raffle ticket upon request, otherwise purchases made will be considered a donation to the foundation. In the event that less than 5,000 tickets are sold, this raffle contest will convert to a 50/50 raffle, meaning that the winner of the raffle will receive 50% of the profits and the Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation will receive 50% of the profits, and the house will be exempt from the winning. Please note that the depicted furniture is for display purposes only and is not included as a part of the winnings for this contest.
• Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation to use the winner’s name, picture, video image, and relevant quotes to promote the Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway, and agreement by the winner that the prize will not be used for fundraising for another charity.
• The winner of each prize shall have no rights in or to the prize itself until the winner has been verified as eligible by Sponsor, has timely executed the WNA and returned it to Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation, and until delivery of the prize to the winner has been completed. Until that time, as between Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation and the winner, each prize remains the sole property of the Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation.
• The IRS has ruled that a payment for a raffle ticket is a tax-deductible charitable contribution only to the extent the amount of the payment exceeds the price of the ticket.
• All ticket purchase requests must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline. Any orders received after these deadlines will be ineligible. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail, email or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. All defective or physically altered tickets or entry forms may be disqualified.
• The prize to be awarded include: Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway house (valued at an estimated $300,000)
• In case of a winner accepting a house he/she will take ownership subject to all applicable federal, state, and local land use restrictions, and to any covenants, rules, fees, or other restrictions administered by a homeowners’ or condominium association, or other community.
• If a winner declines a prize or is deemed ineligible, a second drawing will be held within 30 days of the Giveaway.
• Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SANDRA SHOWALTER WILLIAMS FOUNDATION, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE RAFFLE. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
• Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of the winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash, except for alternative prize stated above; however, Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Raffle. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be chosen at random in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
• The value of each prize is includible in the winner’s gross income, and may be subject to reporting by Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation to the Internal Revenue Service. The winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and/or local income, sales, or use taxes due on account of his or her acceptance of the prize. If the prize is a house, the winner assumes all fees, local, state and federal taxes (including but not limited to income taxes based on the value of the house), financing costs (including, but not limited to, closing costs, title insurance, and transfer tax and fees) which must be paid before the house is transferred to the winner. The winner of the Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation Dream Home Giveaway house agrees that the value of the property reported by Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation for income tax and other purposes will be based on the written appraisal obtained by Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation from a licensed appraiser. Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation does not guarantee that a winner who receives a house will be able to sell it for the appraisal value or that the Internal Revenue Service will use that value in its tax calculations.
• With respect to any prize with a value of more than $5,000, the Internal Revenue Service requires Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation to withhold federal income tax at the rate of 24%, or current rate as established by the IRS, and the winner must pay the amount of tax to be withheld to Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation as a condition of transfer of ownership of the prize.
• Sponsor takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities. Winners should consult a tax professional. Release and Limitation of Liability
The winner hereby releases and holds Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation harmless with respect to any claim based on any such occurrence. A raffle entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of duty or conduct related to the Raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle tickets. In no event shall Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation be liable to any person for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or, consequential, or other damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of the Giveaway, use or ownership of the prizes.
If, for any reason, the Raffle is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Raffle, Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Raffle (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Raffle or suspend the Raffle to address the impairment and then resume the Raffle in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of impairment, and all eligible entries received.
Copyright @ Sandra Showalter Williams Foundation 2022 All Rights Reserved